Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Kayseri


I am in Turkey, my last stop before California. It was a pretty long plane ride and I am wondering why we chose to go to these countries in this order. I think we should have left California, gone to Trujillo, Nairobi, Turkey and lastly Nepal, but maybe this was a simpler way to buy the plane tickets. Our last mountain/volcano that we will be traveling to is Mount Erciyes (aka Erciyes Dağı) 15 miles away from the city of Kayseri. Its last eruption is unknown though I have heard that it could have been around 6880 BC (an unbelievably long time ago). The Anatolian plate is moving at a rate of 8-9 ft each century. There have been some horrible earthquakes in Turkey some having a magnitude as big as 7.9.Sadly we only get to stay in Turkey for two days, so I should make the most of it. See y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment